Malaysia FDA Registration
Malaysia offers one of Southeast Asia’s most robust and dynamic markets for foreign medical device manufacturers. To obtain market authorization in Malaysia, you must first register your product with the Malaysian Medical Device Authority (MDA). Registration with the MDA is done electronically through the web-based Medical Device Centralised Online Application System ,and can only be done by the local Authorized Representative.
The Malaysian medical device registration process
If your device is approved in one of the recognized reference markets (US, European Union, Australia, Japan or Canada), you can leverage this approval and follow a simplified registration process as outlined below. Download our registration process chart on Malaysia to better understand this process. Here are the basic steps:
- Determine your classification. Medical devices are classified as Class A (low risk), Class B (low to moderate risk), Class C (moderate to high risk) and Class D (highest risk), similar to the classification scheme used in the European Union.
- Appoint an in-country Malaysia Authorized Representative to manage your device registration.
- Prepare an abridged Technical File including your reference country approval, test reports, Malaysian Essential Principles checklist, Malaysian Declaration of Conformity, QMS Certificate, etc. Use ASEAN Common Submission Dossier Template (CSDT) format technical file.
- Request a technical review of your documentation by a licensed Conformity Assessment Body (CAB).
- After satisfactory audit by CAB, the verification Certificate is issued.
- Submit application with CAB certificate and audit report to MDA.
- MDA begins review. Application will be returned with 90 days to respond for any additional information requests.
- Upon satisfactory review, MDA grants the registration.
USFDA Corp can help register your medical device or IVD in Malaysia
With an office in Kuala Lumpur, USFDA Corp can assist with your registration and interact with the Medical Device Authority on your behalf. Here’s how we can help:
- Our team of expert consultants in the US and Malaysia allows us to efficiently register your devices and interact with the MDA on your behalf.
- We are fully capable of acting as your Malaysia Authorized Representative if you have no local office in the country or simply wish to outsource the regulatory functions of a local office.
- We can help you access other medical device markets in Southeast Asia according to your business strategy.
- Malaysia is a dynamic and growing medical market in SE Asia. Let USFDA Corp help you access this growing market.
Other Countries FDA Services